Nominations Open for the National Medal of Science
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has released a call for nominations for the 2022 National Medal of Science, the highest scientific honor in the United States, which recognizing outstanding individuals’ contributions to science, including to the physical, biological, mathematical, engineering, and behavioral or social sciences. Candidates will be considered on the following criteria:
- The impact of an individual’s body of work on science;
- The significance of an individual’s achievements on the development of through in science;
- Distinguished service in the general advancement of science;
- Recognition by peers within the scientific community;
- Contributions to innovation and industry;
- Influence on education through publications, teaching, outreach, or mentoring;
- The impact of an individual’s body of work on the United States.
Nominations will be accepted through May 20, 2022. Winners are presented their medals by the President of the United States during a White House ceremony. More information on the nomination process is available on the NSF website.