Funding Opportunity Announcements
February 21, 2017
- NICHD/NINR: Research to Address Sleep Disorders in the Context of Medical Rehabilitation (R01) (PAR-17-163)
- NIMH: Formative and Pilot Intervention Research for Prevention and Treatment of HIV/AIDS (R34) (PA-17-166)
- NIMH: Research to Support the Reduction and Elimination of Mental Health Disparities (Admin Supp) (PA-17-165)
NIH Concept Clearances:
- NIDCR: Interdisciplinary Collaborations to Promote Research in Oral Health and Aging: This initiative is designed accelerate “research that will improve the oral health of older adults by addressing knowledge gaps in the etiology and management of dental, oral, and craniofacial disease associated with aging.”
- NIGMS: NIGMS-Specific Predoctoral T32 Training Program: The new FOA is an effort by NIGMS to “improve the Institute’s ability to promote and monitor the modernization of biomedical graduate training and to enhance the diversity of the biomedical research enterprise.” The FOA will be published in the NIH Guide in September 2017.
- NIGMS: Collaborative Program Grant: NIGMS is developing a mechanism designed to support research that cannot be accomplished using individual, multiple principle investigators, or maximizing investigators’ research award (MIRA) awards, which will “address research questions of significant complexity, scope, and biomedical impact; foster integrated and collaborative research teams; train and mentor new scientists in team science approaches; and strengthen scientific communities and advance scientific problems through coordinated research effort.”
- NIGMS: Science Policy Collaboration with NSF SciSIP Program: NIGMS plans to develop a joint program of NIGMS’ Scientific Workforce Analysis and Modeling (SWAM) program and the National Science Foundation’s Science of Science & Innovation Policy (SciSIP) program, which will include the NSF solicitation in the NIH Guide Notice and a joint review with program directors from both agencies assessing reviewed applications. The first awards would be due in October 2017.