Let Out Your Inner Behavioral & Social Scientist – OBSSR Issues Call for Videos
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2015. The celebration includes a call to social and behavioral scientists to submit videos that showcase their research.
The best videos will be featured at the OBSSR 20th Anniversary Research Symposium on June 25, at the NIH William H. Natcher Conference Center and on the OBSSR’s website throughout 2015. A letter of intent to submit a video is required by April 15, 2015. The deadline for submission is May 15, 2015.
- Length: 60 to 90 seconds
- QuickTime/MOV, WMV, MPEG or AVI format and YouTube compatible
- No larger than 50 MB
- It must be 508 compliant
- Captioned with an available transcription file
- Free of content that may violate any copyright laws
- Release forms for all people featured in the video must be obtained (if applicable).
Steps to submit your video:
- Send your letter of intent to submit a videoto Tara Turner: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Send a link to your video to OBSSR at: email@example.com
The selection criteria includes: relevance to the behavioral and social sciences research, compliance with all aforementioned specifications, significance and impact of the research featured, and quality of the video.