NSF Seeking Comments on STEM Education Strategic Plan
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has announced it is accepting stakeholder comments on an upcoming Federal STEM Education Strategic Plan. This strategic plan, which is released roughly every five years, serves as a guide for developing STEM education programs at federal agencies as well as identifying areas for future improvement. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is a stated focus in this round of the Federal STEM Education Strategic Plan.
NSF is seeking comments on the following issues:
- Future opportunities in STEM education;
- Developing STEM education digital resources;
- Increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion in STEM;
- Engaging students where disciplines converge;
- Developing and enriching strategic partnerships;
- Building computational literacy; and
- Community use and implementation of the Federal STEM Education Strategic Plan.
Comments will be accepted through October 19, 2020. More information is available in the Federal Register.